Thursday, January 6, 2011

Other Songs From the Past Decade That Are Worth Listening To

So, a friend suggested this to me today, and I thought it was a pretty good idea.  Most of the songs I review here are new songs or at least fairly recent, so I agree that a good spotlight is in order.  I'm not gonna rank them like the last one or sort them out, cuz that admittedly takes forever.  So, here goes...

"After Tonight", Justin Nozuka
The entire La Roux album
"Banquet", Bloc Party
"Bebe Buell", Chester French
"Dani California", Red Hot Chili Peppers: only RHCP song I actually like out of all of them
"Be OK", Chrisette Michele
"Black and Gold", Sam Sparro
"Blind", Hercules and Love Affair
"The Calculation", Regina Spektor
"Can't Get You Out Of My Head", Kylie Minogue
"Chasing Pavements", ADELE
"Chewing Gum (Vocal Mix)", Annie
"Chillin", Wale feat. Lady Gaga
"The Church of Hot Addiction", Cobra Starship
"Crystalised", The xx
"D.A.N.C.E", Justice
"Daniel", Bat For Lashes
Most everything by Kanye West except for 808's and Heartbreaks
"Disturbia", Rihanna
"Dominos", The Big Pink
"Don", Miranda
"Electric Feel", MGMT
"Empire State of Mind", Jay-Z and Alicia Keys
"Flathead", The Fratellis
"Galvanize", The Chemical Brothers
"Gamma Ray", Beck
"Girlfriend", Avril Lavigne
"Grace Kelly", MIKA
"Heads Will Roll", Yeah Yeah Yeahs
"The Healer", Erykah Badu
"Heavy Cross", Gossip
"Help I'm Alive", Metric
"Hey Ya!", OutKast
"Crazy", Gnarls Barkley
"Horizon", Ashby

To be continued...
I'll finish the rest over the weekend, the list is too long as it is...

1 comment: